Canada proposes to restore preferential tariffs for Burma. The country's eligibility for the GPT and LDCT preferential tariff treatments was removed in 1997. More...
Importing vehicles from the U.S.: beware of strict American export rules. Penalties are applied if exports are not filed with U.S. authorities 72 hours in advance. More...
Ottawa allows exports of automatic firearms to Korea, consults on adding Israel and the UAE. All such exports remain subject to the Government's case-by-case review process. More...
Application of discounts to the value for duty. A document explains the treatment of discounts in determining the transaction value. More...
Technical documents: Government memorandums, notices and decisions
- Memorandum D1-6-1 Authority to Act as an Agent
- Memorandum D7-3-2 Exported Motor Vehicles Drawback
- Memorandum D7-4-2 Duty Drawback Program
- Memorandum D8-4-1 Information Pertaining to Remission Orders
- Memorandum D8-11-5 Application of the Blouses, Shirts and Co-ordinates Remission Order, 1998
- Memorandum D8-11-6 Application of the Outerwear Fabrics Remission Order, 1998
- Memorandum D8-11-7 CBSA Policy on the Transfer of Entitlement Pursuant to the Textile and Apparel Remission Orders
- Memorandum D10-14-61 Tariff Item 9937.00.00 and the Recognition of an Ethno-cultural Group
- Customs Notice CN14-028 Canadian Automated Export Declaration (CAED) - 2015 Version Release
- CBSA Form BSF641 Residency and Travel Outside of Canada Questionnaire
- Notice to Importers Serial No. 858 Broiler Hatching Eggs and Chicks for Chicken Production (Items 94 and 95 on the Import Control List)
- Textiles and Clothing Free Trade Agreement Tariff Preference Level Utilization 2014 Imports
- Textiles and Clothing 2014 Tariff Preference Level Utilization NAFTA Exports
- CFIA Meat Hygiene Directives: MHD 2014-30 Chapter 11 - Section 18.104.22.168.2 - China (2014-11-17)
- CITT Appeal No. AP-2013-055 Kraft Canada Inc. Classification of Cheese & Breadcrumb Mix
- U.S. CBP: Valid vs. Invalid vs. Defective NAFTA Certificate of Origin
- U.S. Honey Packers and Importers Research, Promotion, Consumer Education and Information Order: Assessment Rate Increase
- USITC: Citric Acid and Certain Citrate Salts from Canada and China; Scheduling of Full Five-Year Reviews
NAFTA freight flows totaled $102.2 billion in September (2014-11-26) The top commodity category transported between the U.S. and Canada was mineral fuels. More...
New EU leaders pledge increased transparency in free trade talks with the U.S. (2014-11-26) "We want to consult even more extensively on TTIP," said new Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström. More...
G6 Alliance carriers announces Pacific Atlantic Service adjustment (2014-11-25) Service will temporarily stop calling European ports, and instead turn around on the US East Coast. More...
U.S. port congestion hides deeper issues: Drewry (2014-11-25) The causes extend well beyond the labour and peak season issues covered by the media. More...
New agreement strengthens Mexico, U.S. air freight bond (2014-11-25) Cargo airlines will have expanded opportunities to provide service to new destinations. More...
U.S. truck tonnage index increased 0.5% in October (2014-11-24) American Trucking Associations report tonnage made a nice comeback after declining in September. More...
Previous articles To news page